Careers – Application Scientist – Albuquerque, NM, USA
Hybrid sales and technical position which provides Applications Support and some Sales Support in digital pathology and image analysis for Indica Labs, Inc.’s HALO, HALO Link, and HALO AI platforms in a commercial environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with customers to determine which software solutions best meets needs
- Demonstrates software capabilities through remote conferencing or on-site visits
- Manages software trials and proof-of-concept studies
- Supports commercial efforts by participating in seminars and tradeshows or giving technical presentations or posters as required
- Trains customers using remote conferencing or on-site visits
- Provides ongoing technical and scientific support to existing customers
- Supports workload of Field Application Scientists
Sales & database management
- Qualifies new leads, issues quotes, reports back on quotations and outcomes
- Keeps the Customer Relation Management (CRM) database up-to-date, including importing new data, updating records, and performing necessary cross checks
- Assists in the preparation of sales statistics and reports
- Performs ongoing account management duties for assigned accounts
- This position is limited to applicants currently residing in New Mexico.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or related biomedical science
- 1 year of direct laboratory experience (college or industry)
- Authorization to work in the United States. Indica Labs, Inc. does not sponsor applications for work visas.
- Over 1 year of direct laboratory experience (college or industry)
- Basic understanding of laboratory workflow
- Experience with pathology, digital pathology, histology, microscopy, and image analysis
- Previous application experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to deliver presentations to large and small scientific audiences
- Excellent soft skills, with a passion for providing superior customer service
- Basic Information Technology (IT) and network knowledge
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
This position is based at our headquarters in Albuquerque, NM.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Some travel may be required (25%)
- Some limited physical effort may be required
- No, or limited exposure to physical risk
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Special Instructions to Applicants
For best consideration, candidates are required to submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2019.