Application Scientist – West Coast (San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles)
This is a hybrid sales and technical position which would suit a MS or PhD level scientist with experience in digital pathology and image analysis who wishes to move into a more mainstream commercial role. The position involves the following essential customer support and sales functions:
Pre-sales and post-sales customer support
• Work with customers to determine which software solutions best meets needs
• Demonstrate software capabilities through remote conferencing or on-site visit
• Manage software trials and proof-of-concept studies
• Support commercial efforts by participating in seminars and tradeshows or giving technical presentations or posters as required
• Install software and train customers using remote conferencing or on-site visit
• Provide ongoing technical and scientific support to existing customers
Sales & database management
• Identify researchers within different target markets and establish strategies to reach them
• Qualify new leads, issue quotes, report back on quotations made and outcomes
• Keep the customer database up-to-date, importing new data, updating records and performing the necessary cross checks
• Assist in the preparation of sales statistics & reports
• Perform ongoing account management duties for assigned accounts
Qualifications and Required Skills
• PhD or MS in pathobiology or related biomedical science
• Experience with pathology, digital pathology, histology, microscopy, and image analysis
• Ability to travel globally up to 50% of the time
• Experience delivering presentations to large and small scientific audiences
• Excellent people skills with a passion for providing superior customer service
• Understanding of laboratory workflow
• Basic IT/network knowledge
• Previous customer service or application experience
• Previous sales or marketing experience
Remote position requires ability to work from home office and must live within 60 miles of a major airport.
West Coast Position- San Francisco, San Diego metro areas preferred.
Other locations considered for exceptional candidates.
Full-time employees are offered very competitive salaries and 100% company sponsored medical and dental insurance.
Working at Indica Labs
Indica Labs is a profitable, privately held, local NM company that provides software solutions for fast, quantitative evaluation of pathology images using HALOâ¢, our flagship image analysis platform. Pharmaceutical, healthcare, and research organizations worldwide have adopted HALO for high-throughput, whole-slide image quantification in areas such as neuroscience, ophthalmology, metabolism, oncology, respiratory, and toxicological pathology.
All of our employees are valued tremendously and never taken for granted. Since inception in 2011, the company has maintained a high employee retention rate which can be attributed among other things to:
• Generous compensation and profit sharing plans.
• 100% company paid health & dental insurance.
• Flexible work schedules
• Company bikes at employee disposal for rides along the nearby Bosque trails.
• 3-day ski and snow-mobile trip for employees and families. Contingent on company performance.
• A work environment that’s positive, challenging, rewarding, and fun.
Please contact our Administrative Associate- Juilianna Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org