Careers – QA Manual Testing Analyst – Albuquerque, NM, USA
Implements and oversees software and hardware testing, including design, implementation, execution, as well as debugging test processes. This position interfaces with the Quality Assurance (QA), Development, Product, and Service teams to influence the testability of products, research and implement test methodologies, identify, document, and execute test plans and test cases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with QA, development and product teams during product design phase to assist with requirements review and design test plans and test cases
- Designs and executes manual tests to ensure proper operation and performance of software applications
- Ensures continuous improvement of the Software Quality Assurance and Testing process and strategies by actively participating in process review sessions and Software Quality Assurance (SQA) meetings
- Supports technical rollouts and upgrades as needed
- Designs, develops and implements test plans and test cases for new and enhanced software releases
- Performs all aspects of validation and verification, including functional structural, regression, load, and system testing to ensure hardware and/or software meets or exceeds standards and end-user requirements
- Ensures all explicit and implicit requirements are met during testing
- Executes tests according to established plans and scripts
- Documents test runs and results on every test
- Identifies and logs defects and issues found during testing, with detailed explanation, in defect/issue tracking system and ensures escalation to appropriate issue owners
- Researches and designs test cases to reproduce customer/production issues when needed to support the Support and Development teams
- Uses various tools effectively to assist in project completion, including but not limited to SQL, project management, and build tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Relevant work experience can substitute for education on a year for year basis.
- Authorization to work in the United States. Indica Labs, Inc. does not sponsor applications for work visas.
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Knowledge of SQA project involvement, application development lifecycle, and methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Proficient skills in common business and office software (word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of databases and database query language, such as SQL
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
This position is based at our headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Remote candidates will not be considered.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Some travel may be required (<10%)
- No, or limited physical effort required
- No, or limited exposure to physical risk
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Special Instructions to Applicants
For best consideration, candidates are asked to submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Recent college graduates (less than two years) with limited applicable work experience (less than 1 year) shall submit a current copy of unofficial transcripts for consideration for hire and/or internship opportunities.