Careers – Software Engineer (Machine Learning) – Albuquerque, NM, USA
Indica Labs is an industry leader in digital pathology. We are a profitable, privately-held company with the feel of a startup. Under the title of Software Engineer, this member our Artificial Intelligence (AI) team is responsible for building and improving our machine learning and analysis software. The position improves the performance of current infrastructure, adds support for new types of analysis, and extends the database schema to handle new features.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with a small, diverse development team to implement new features and extend existing ones
- Communicates with application scientists to derive requirements and convert those into beautiful code
- Weighs and communicates design tradeoffs, builds prototypes, and solicits feedback in dynamic iterations
- Works with our support staff to diagnose and fix internally discovered or customer reported issues
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, allows it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performances
- Designs system and obtains information on project limitations and capabilities
- Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements
- Designs, develops, and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Proficient in C++ or C#
- 1 year of development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Math or related. Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Authorization to work in the United States. Indica Labs, Inc. does not sponsor applications for work visas.
- Proficient in Python
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and tools
- Strong preference will be given to applicants currently residing in New Mexico
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Strong software design skills, including imperative, functional, Object Oriented Programing (OOP)
- Knowledge of relational databases and network protocols (MySQL, HTTPS)
- Knowledge of concurrency and the ability to debug multithreaded code
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse, global community
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules
- Project management skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to evaluate new and evolving programming technologies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of current programming technologies
This position is based at our headquarters in Albuquerque, NM.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Some travel may be required (<10%)
- No, or limited physical effort required
- No, or limited exposure to physical risk
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Special Instructions to Applicants
For best consideration, candidates are required to submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by May 31, 2019. Recent college graduates (less than two years) with limited applicable work experience (less than 1 year) shall submit a current copy of unofficial transcripts for consideration for hire and/or internship opportunities.