Careers – Application Scientist – West Coast, USA
This is a hybrid technical and sales position which would suit a BS, MS or PhD level scientist with experience in digital pathology and image analysis who wishes to move into a more mainstream commercial role. The position involves the following essential customer support and sales functions:
- Work with customers to determine which software solutions best meets needs
- Demonstrate software capabilities through remote conferencing or on-site visit
- Manage software trials and proof-of-concept studies
- Support commercial efforts by participating in seminars and tradeshows or giving technical presentations or posters as required
- Install software and train customers using remote conferencing or on-site visit
- Provide ongoing technical and scientific applications support to existing customers
- Identify researchers within different target markets and establish strategies to reach them
- Qualify new leads, issue quotes, report back on quotations made and outcomes
Qualifications and Required Skills
- PhD, MS or BS in pathobiology or related biomedical science
- Experience with pathology, digital pathology, histology, microscopy, and image analysis
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50% of the time. Occasional national and international travel may be required.
- Experience delivering presentations to large and small scientific audiences
- Excellent people skills with a passion for providing superior customer service
- Understanding of laboratory workflow
- Basic IT/network knowledge
- Previous customer service or application experience
- Previous sales or marketing experience
Only candidates residing in CA, OR or WA will be considered. Preference given to candidates in the San Francisco/Bay Area, CA. Must live within 1.5 hours of major international airport.
Full-time employees are offered very competitive salaries and 100% company sponsored medical and dental insurance.
Working at Indica Labs
Indica Labs is a profitable, privately held, local NM company that provides software solutions for fast, quantitative evaluation and management of pathology images using HALO®, HALO AI™ and HALO Link™. Pharmaceutical, healthcare, and research organizations worldwide have adopted HALO for high-throughput, whole-slide image quantification in areas such as neuroscience, ophthalmology, metabolism, oncology, respiratory, and toxicological pathology.
All of our employees are valued tremendously and never taken for granted. Since inception in 2011, the company has maintained a high employee retention rate which can be attributed among other things to:
- Generous compensation and profit-sharing plans
- 100% company paid health & dental insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible work schedules
- A work environment that’s positive, challenging, rewarding, and fun
To be considered for this position, please submit your CV/Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com